Re: [swish-e] Segmentation fault for query from Perl-API for 2.4.7

From: at <Kruno>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:27:00 +0100
Hi again,

The problem still persists, but I have found a workaround now: when I
tried generating the index on a system with an ancient Debian 4.0, there
is no segfault problem, and fortunately the Debian 7.1 swish-e reads
that index fine, when copied.

When I copy the Debian 7.1 generated index to the Debian 4.0 system, the
segfault persists, so I guess it is a writing issue on Debian 7.1.

If I keep around the Debian 4.0 machine, index generation should work,
but it is not optimal and some kind of solution for 64bit Debian 7 would
probably be good: I ran about 45000 queries with extracted words against
the 64bit machine with the problem index, resulting in a 5% segfault
rate, which I find quite substantial.

Anyone have an idea what could be the problem? I have made my collected
data available under

http://188.40.134.82/problem.tgz

(about 426KB, 2.6MB uncompressed). It contains a README file describing
the contained files.

Best
   Kruno