[swish-e] Swish-e NOT built on root

From: at <david>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:58:21 +0700

I'm a non-technical person with a number of websites using Swish-e as
a site search tool. On the last 2 managed VPS I had, the provider
installed swish-e for me.

For some reason, shared and reseller hosting companies don't want
Swish-e on their server .. probably because they won't take the time
to look at it.

If I go to a shared server, I understand that I can get the
application installed even without root access.  My question: since I
use Swish-e search on 4 web sites, do I have to build 4 instances, or
can I have a ******.swish (suite of files) for each site and the
application on only one website?

Also, is Swish3 a better application for site search?

Thanks and regards,

Users mailing list