Re: [swish-e] libtools - ?possible to use newer version

From: Dr Michael Daly <"Dr>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:27:01 +1100 (EST)
Hi
Compilation of an up to date version of perl has failed repeatedly on my
NAS device. I've been trying for a few weeks now. It could be a library
problem but I am not sure. The perl version that I do have is out of date.

Is installation of cpan and the relevant modules sufficient?

Can it be installed without perl?

Thanks

MD

Dr Michael Daly wrote on 12/30/11 5:08 AM:
> After having overcome a lot of trouble with Perl module installation, I
> am
> getting a swish-e 2.4.7 'make' error as follows:
>
> libtool: link: ERROR: object name conflicts:
> libtool: link: ERROR: object name conflicts:
> .libs/libswish-e.lax/libreplace.a//share/MD0_DATA/misc/swish-e-2.4.7/src/replace/.libs/libreplace.a
>
> Could this be fixed with a more recent version of libtools?
> ./libtool --version indicates it is 1.5.22

you could try building from the svn tag, and use the bootstrap script to
regenerate all the autoconf-related files.

http://svn.swish-e.org/swish-e/tags/rel-2.4.7/

Dr Michael Daly MB, BS
GradDip(Integrative Medicine), GradCert(Evidence Based Practice),
M Bus(Information Innovation), GradDip(Document Management)
0413 879 029