Re: [swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Apr 20 2010 - 03:12:36 GMT
Before I forget, for the archives:

I was able to reproduce the core dump with SWISH::3 and libswish3 on FreeBSD,
but only when I was using a mix of Perl modules directly from CPAN and those
from ports. When I compiled my own local perl (not from ports) and got all my
modules from CPAN, then it worked fine. So I can only assume that there was a
compile-time difference in the perl from ports and/or some XS-based perl modules.

Moral of the story: until there is an official FreeBSD port package for
libswish3 (anyone?), best to compile your own perl and use all CPAN, all the time.