Re: [swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Mar 25 2010 - 04:23:29 GMT
Troy Wical wrote on 3/24/10 11:20 PM:
> On Mar 23, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Peter Karman wrote:
>
>> Try re-installing SWISH::3 and grab the latest SWISH::Prog from svn.
>> As
>> of r2926 the SWISH::3->slurp call is disabled.
>>
>> http://svn.swish-e.org/perl/SWISH-Prog/trunk
>
> Ok, I'm having problems finding descent documentation about removing
> any kind of Perl module. It appears that its not done that often?
> Perhaps I'm making this too complicated. Should I just update SWISH::3
> in cpan?

yes. just do a:

 % sudo cpan SWISH::3

and that'll write over whatever you've got.

In general, uninstalling a cpan module is just rm the .pm files, though with
XS-based stuff like SWISH::3 there are other compiled objects that aren't
immediately obvious if you're new to Perl.

In this case, though, you don't want to uninstall anything. Just treat SWISH::3
like a new install.