Re: [swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Troy Wical <troy(at)not-real.wical.com>
Date: Sat Mar 20 2010 - 03:05:48 GMT
On Mar 19, 2010, at 8:22 PM, Peter Karman wrote:

> Hm. I don't think that's the maildir format.
> http://www.qmail.org/qmail-manual-html/man5/maildir.html
>
> afaik, maildir expects 'new', 'tmp' and 'cur' subdirs. You might
> just try running:
>
> % cd /home/mail-archive/test && mkdir new tmp cur

I should clarify here. These email messages are being managed by ezmlm
(mailing list software.)

> SWISH::Prog::Aggregator::Mail delegates to Mail::Box::Manager to
> handle the
> crawling of the file system, so if M::B::M doesn't find your mail,
> neither will
> S::P::A::M. (heh, I just noticed that's a funny.)

Now that is funny!

> You might create an alternate filesystem with symlinks called 'cur'
> that point
> into each of the directories containing with mail.

The format that the email is saved in is an incremental setup.
Individual folders contain messages numbered 01 through 99.

> Or you could use SWISH::Prog::Aggregator::FS in combination
> with ::Mail, to roll
> your own aggregator. But of course that last option isn't as
> friendly. Seems
> like a SWISH::Filters::Mail2HTML would be handy. Don't know how to
> identify a
> mime type for an email message though. It just looks like text to
> MIME::Type and
> has no standard file extension afaik.

My brain is starting to hurt again, and I'm starting to doubt whether
I can really get this environment working optimally :( The learning
curve here for me is huge, and my lack or perl/scripting knowledge is
rearing its head all over the place.  *sigh*  But, this is closer than
anything anything we've had since I've started managing these
archives. Maybe a good nights rest will help.

I'll report my future stumblings. Thanks for the pointers!

Peace, Troy