Re: [swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 14:15:20 GMT
Troy Wical wrote on 03/19/2010 08:18 AM:

> Checking out from svn fixed it. At this point, I had to force the
> install of SWISH::3, which I think was the wrong way to go. It failed
> one of the checks.

can you report which test it failed? That would be good to know.

When I ran swish3, I got the following...

> ##################################
> [ ~/]# swish3
> Can't locate Rose/DateTime/Util.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/
> lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach /usr/
> local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/
> local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/local/
> bin/swish3 line 15.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/swish3 line 15.
>
> In short, I was missing the DateTime module, which was needed for
> installing the Rose::DateTime module. cpan could not find the
> DateTime.pm files though, even though they were there. I got around
> this by installing DateTime from ports instead of from cpan. Then I
> went into cpan and installed Rose::DateTime.

IME mixing the dist package manager (ports, rpms, apt-get, etc) files
and modules directly from CPAN can be dangerous. YMMV.

Thanks for your diligence and bug reports, Troy. Let us know how
SWISH::Prog goes for you.