Re: [swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Troy Wical <troy(at)not-real.wical.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 13:18:22 GMT
On Mar 19, 2010, at 12:19 AM, Troy Wical wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2010, at 12:02 AM, Troy Wical wrote:
>
>> Ok, just now getting back to this.  I just installed SWISH::Prog via
>> cpan. Then downloaded swish3 from http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/KARMAN/SWISH-Prog-0.42/examples/
>> . Version 0.33 was gone by the time I got to this.  I made the file
>> executable, but when I run it, it fails at line 9. Line 9 tries to
>> reference the SWISH::3 module, which I am not able to build via cpan
>> because I don't have libswish3 and libxml2.
>>
>> This is all running from a BSD box. Debian is more my thing, but I am
>> getting the hang of ports too now.  But of course, neither of these
>> two programs are available in the ports directory.  I've been
>> googling
>> for a bit now and am having a hard time figuring out how to get these
>> two installed.  Can I just git SWISH-3 from http://github.com/gitpan/SWISH-3
>> and then do a 'make' from within the downloaded directory?
>
> Getting a little bit further now. I downloaded the latest daily
> release of libswish3 (specifically libswish3-0.1.2920-20100318) and am
> trying to compile it. The build is running into a hiccup though, with
> the following...
>
> Can these be downloaded from somewhere?

Checking out from svn fixed it. At this point, I had to force the
install of SWISH::3, which I think was the wrong way to go. It failed
one of the checks. When I ran swish3, I got the following...

##################################
[ ~/]# swish3
Can't locate Rose/DateTime/Util.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/
lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach /usr/
local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/
local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/local/
bin/swish3 line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/swish3 line 15.
##################################

In short, I was missing the DateTime module, which was needed for
installing the Rose::DateTime module. cpan could not find the
DateTime.pm files though, even though they were there. I got around
this by installing DateTime from ports instead of from cpan. Then I
went into cpan and installed Rose::DateTime.

I'm just not very good at this stuff yet. Hopefully these little
tidbits will help someone else down the road.  Now that the swish3
commands runs, I can get back to playing with SWISH::PROG :)

Sorry if this is clogging up the mailing lists.

Peace, Troy