[swish-e] Installing the python module

From: Michael Grech <michael.grech(at)>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 19:27:43 GMT
Hello everyone, i am having difficulty installing the python module i
downloaded from the python website.

I have installed the binary version of swish-e, installed it and then
proceeded to install the module by invoking install

This produced several errors, the first was solved by copying the
swish-e.h file to the include folder of python but now i am receiving an
error stating

building 'SwishE' extension
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.exe /c /nologo
/Ox /MD /W
3 /GS- /DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
-IC:\Python26\include -IC:\P
ython26\PC /TcSwishE.c /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.6\Release\SwishE.obj
creating build\lib.win32-2.6
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\link.exe /DLL
/nologo /INCRE
MENTAL:NO /LIBPATH:/usr/local/lib /LIBPATH:/usr/include
s /LIBPATH:C:\Python26\PCbuild swish-e.lib /EXPORT:initSwishE
.6\Release\SwishE.obj /OUT:build\lib.win32-2.6\SwishE.pyd
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'swish-e.lib'
error: command '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
failed with exit status 1181

Your help will be greatly appreciated thank you

Users mailing list