[swish-e] Indexing page and chapter of a book (single document)

From: Lucas Meadows <meadowsld(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jan 09 2010 - 00:27:55 GMT
I have a large number of text files (books) that I am trying to make searchable with swish-e.

I would like search results to display the page and chapter in which a match with the search term occurred (in addition to the book itself). Again, I would prefer to not have to break the files down into separate page/chapters, even though it would allow me to index by page and chapter without additional fuss.

My question is whether it is possible to leverage swish-e's support for xml tags and add some kind of xml to the files so that they can be indexed in a way that captures the relationship of the terms to the pages and chapters that contain them.

Many thanks in advance!