Re: [swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Troy Wical <troy(at)not-real.wical.com>
Date: Mon Jan 04 2010 - 05:26:00 GMT
Ok, this is a pretty big jump for me.  I'm in the process of
introducing myself to perl, with no previous experience in scripting,
other than hacking what I find on google. There are a couple things I
"think" I need to do here, of which some are outside of the scope of
this list.

1. Install the mail.pm module mentioned. CPAN can't find it so I'll go
figure out to install it manually.
2. Figure out if I need to use the Perl API to work with mail.pm.
3. Try and figure out how to use mail.pm

Of those three things, number 3 is clearly going to be my sticking
point due to my complete lack of perl knowledge.  Is there anyone out
there using this module that can provide some kind of example script?

Here is what I have so far. It's clear from the results that having
the subject as the title would be helpful :)
http://type2.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Thanks again,

Troy Wical