Re: [swish-e] 2.6 feature questions

From: Brandon Shalton <brandon(at)not-real.cydataservices.com>
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 17:25:17 GMT
peter wrote
> (2) there are now many (6) files associated with a single index.
>
> Suggestion: make the index a directory instead of a file, so you would
> run like:
>
>   swish-e -f path/to/index.swish-e
>
> but index.swish-e is a directory, not a file.

before incremental indexing (which is a great feature that i have been
waiting for to be stable), there were just 2 files.  so i could do my
logical grouping of indexing and dump all the files into a folder.

then when its time to do swish, could just use a wildcard to search all
of the files.

if each folder was separate, like with lucene, then i guess i would have
to use bash script to reiterate through folders.

my vote is not impose a folder structure and let the implementation
handle it.    some would dump all into one folder (like me).  others
might create folders and have a way of managing that.

excellent work with swish. i have evaluated many indexing systems (as
well as have used swish for eons) and swish has been the easiest to use,
keep up the great work.

-brandon