I have swish-e-2.4.7 on Linux Fedora core 8 (see below uname -a).
I have PDF documents that have the summaries in their meta description (or keywords). When I do searches, if the keyword is found in a pdf body or title, I need swish-e returns its size, last modify date, etc. as well as the meta description (or keywords). Here are the things I did:
1. I copied your swish.cgi to /var/www/cgi-bin.
2. created .swishcgi.conf in /var/www/cgi-bin (as the attached).
3. Created swish.conf in /var/www/cgi-bin (as the attached).
3. Ran the command to index the files:
swish-e -c swish.conf
4. Then browsed to the URL http://localhost/cgi-bin/swish.cgi.
Here is The search result I got:
1 09-71298_Spina_mem_op-signed.pdf -- rank: 1000
Last Modified Date: 2009-10-14 12:44:14 EDT
Document Size: 127153
I have no Description or Keywords returned to me. I attached my swish.conf and .swishcgi.conf and the pdf doc here. Will you please see what I missed here?
Thanks in advance,
Users mailing list
Received on Wed Oct 14 15:54:05 2009