Re: [swish-e] Windows Set Up - Thanks

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Sep 30 2009 - 19:38:36 GMT
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Jay Larson <jlarson@jjkeller.com> wrote:

>  I just want to thank the people responsible for the Windows binaries and
> installation.
>   So whoever is responsible, thank you.

I believe that Peter made the build of 2.4.7 for Windows.  I'm grateful for
that, myself.  I was rather busy at the time and its good to see someone
else reproduce what I've been doing for so long.

For my part, you're quite welcome.  ;)  I've attempted to maintain Windows
builds since 1997.  I admit that they weren't all that great but they were
far better than nothing.

I'm not sure that Windows will be supported for Swish-e 3.x but if we happen
to have Windows users available to test then its at least a possibility.
The hardest part of the years is the lack of Windows users willing to test
builds.  Invariably the Windows bug reports flood in a few days after a
release rather than during the year(s) of development prior to it.

--
  David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/