Re: [swish-e] PHP Development

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 15:20:56 GMT
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes@speakeasy.net>wrote:

> "Works fine on %s" seems like shaky ground to me; I see you updated the
> example, and now IE8 warns that you're trying to load an active add-in
> ("MSXML 5.0") ... I guess that's because your XSL has a bunch of DOM
> programming ... I thought this thread was about PHP?

Works fine, as is, on all non-Microsoft browsers in common use.  The XSL
transform can be applied by PHP on the server side for broken web browsers
like Internet Explorer.  So, yes, still about PHP.  ;)

Those are all minor issue that would need to be worked out.  I have
absolutely zero interest in IE and no computers that are even capable of
running it.  (Unless you count IE6 under WINE.  Yuck.)  Someone who does
would be welcome to work that stuff out and submit patches.  The main thing
would to develop code that uses current (i.e. 10 year old) technology now
that all web browsers support it (even if a popular one requires screwball
workarounds).

The bulk of the effort would be a PHP API that outputs results in a
standardized XML schema which can be consumed by other software or
transformed into something less capable software can handle.

--
  David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/