[swish-e] exact search problem

From: Thomas den Braber <thomas(at)>
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 07:21:20 GMT

I found a strange behavior when doing an exact search in an metafield.

I have done:

 PropertyNamesIgnoreCase persons
 MetaNames persons

I add a value of:  M. Jones  in persons and do an exact search for

 persons="M. Jones"  this will find no hits

If I do persons="M Jones" it will also find nothing
Only persons="Jones" will work

If I add the value M Jones  ( without the .) in the persons field,
then a search for: persons="M Jones" will give hits (even if I search for
persons="M. Jones")

I use:

WordCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_&

IgnoreFirstChar .-_$&
IgnoreLastChar  .-_&

BeginCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

I would think that the . is just stripped if you add "M. Jones" so you
could search for persons="M Jones" would give results

It looks like if an . is in the value then an exact search will not work

Any clue ?

Thomas den Braber

Users mailing list