Re: [swish-e] 32/64bit portable indexes

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 01:37:00 GMT
Josh Rabinowitz wrote on 5/7/09 9:05 AM:
> Hello, Everyone:
>
> I came pretty close to getting Swish-e to build portable 32/64bit
> indexes, but something goes wrong and I don't know what.
>
> Perhaps some C gurus can look into it and let me know what I've done wrong? :)

Thanks, Josh.

I dug into it a bit, but dead-ended when my C-fu grew weak. The trail I was
following lead me to this in src/index.c around line 2020:

  l=*(LOCATION **)l;    /* Get next location */

which is some pointer black magic I don't grok.

It's segfaulting for me there on Centos 5.3 32bit machine.