[swish-e] 32/64bit portable indexes

From: Josh Rabinowitz <joshr-swishe(at)not-real.joshr.com>
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 14:05:26 GMT
Hello, Everyone:

I came pretty close to getting Swish-e to build portable 32/64bit
indexes, but something goes wrong and I don't know what.

Perhaps some C gurus can look into it and let me know what I've done wrong? :)

I've checked a recent port into SVN (which works on 64bit but not 32bit)
you can check it out with

%    svn co http://svn.swish-e.org/swish-e/branches/portable-0.2/ portable-0.2
%  cd portable-0.2
% ./configure && make && make test

if you notice any fixes please let me know. I think the problems have
to do with system calls and callbacks that expect  'ints' and not
'long long's.

Thanks,
  Josh Rabinowitz

PS: I can also explain how to convert the normal source code tree to
the current 'portable' dev version if anyone's interested in
replicating the whole process.  Ask here and I'll post back the
instructions.