[swish-e] Help

From: Vince <vince(at)not-real.vlake.orangehome.co.uk>
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 09:26:04 GMT
Hi

I wondered if you could help me with my swish e search installation.

As normal i personally never look to start at the beginning and have found
that i have an idea for a web site, however moving straight in at the
advanced level of web design i am stuck.

The bit that's really important to me is the site search engine and i came
across swish e and decided that this is certainly the one i need to use.

I can see anybody can put a web site together if it doesn't need to do
anything, but search !!!!!!! ahhhh there you got me!

Well without going on much more i quite simply need to understand when it is
unpacked where does every thing go and how it interacts?

I've done the pearl thing and have either coffecup or FrontPage to develop
my site, these come with folders that are standard as I'm sure you are
aware, but what goes where.

This e mail comes to you at the advice of my young lady, as not wanting to
give up i have sat for hours trying to work it out and to get it to go, and
she knows to well i do not give up so easily.

I'm not looking to waste anybody's time but i do hope you can give me some
help.

Many regards

Vince Lake

PS i really do not have much technical knowledge of web design, but feel i
am willing to learn if guided into the right direction. you may be able to
recommend a good website for learning how scripts and the alike work.

Thanks