Re: [swish-e] Undefined Symbol SetEnvironmentVariableA

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 13:42:02 GMT
Thomas den Braber wrote on 03/17/2009 04:11 AM:
> Peter,
>
> I have done some testing on Windows XP and Windows 2003 with modperl 2.04
> Activestate Perl 1004 and apache 2.2.11 (Apache/2.2.11 (Win32)
> mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.3-dev mod_perl/2.0.4-dev Perl/v5.10.0)
> And found no problems.
> I did about 10000 searches and found no problems.

excellent. thanks for testing.

> Can it be that this setenv fix also helps with version 2.4.6 ?

it is my intention to release a 2.4.7 Unix and Windows build with the
setenv change. I'd like to bump the version number just so it's clear to
anyone who might have downloaded the 2.4.6 tar ball in the last year
that this release is different.

> I have also some recommendations:
> During the swish installation, the swish api in installed in the
> perl/lib/auto directory. It is better to put it in the Perl/site/lib/auto
> directory. This fits better in the new way Activestate Perl is setup.
> perl/lib is only for modules that are part of the base distributions, all
> modules installed late must go into the site directory.
> Maybe it is also good to put the other swish modules in
> perl/site/lib/SWISH instead of (or in addition to)
> ..\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl\SWISH

I'll have a look at how to change the install path for SWISH::API later
today (unless Dave beats me to it).

As for the other Perl modules in the SWISH::* space, we don't install
those on the Unix side into the Perl @INC space either, and I'm
reluctant to do so. I believe that the .pl scripts are modified at
install time to 'use lib' the local SWISH/ path which has the same effect.