[swish-e] Windows 2.4.6 candidate [was: 2.4.6 for perl 5.10]

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sat Feb 28 2009 - 18:48:14 GMT
David Norris wrote on 2/27/09 8:43 AM:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:
>> Let me know if that works. I haven't yet actually tested the build on windows
>> because I couldn't seem to get the dist.sh script to complete -- likely due to
>> my inability to install sysutils with apt-get per swishwiki.
>
> Sysutils has been split into its constituent components, it seems.
> (Makes sense, the tools in sysutils are entirely unrelated to each
> other.)  You can install tofrodos instead.  I've updated the docs on
> the wiki.

right you are.

I have created a Windows build of 2.4.6 with SWISH::API built for ActiveState
Perl 5.10. It is here:

 http://swish-e.org/distribution/swish-e-2.4.6-win32.exe

Please, Windows users, download and test it. Once you do that and report back
here, and I can make the 2.4.6 release official. It's long overdue.

One caveat: there is no HTML documentation in the Windows build, due to how that
build process works now. The HTML docs on swish-e.org will be updated once 2.4.6
is official, and the swish-e.2.4.6.tar.gz contains them as well.