Re: [swish-e] Swish 2.7.0 compiling

From: Gorka Lertxundi <glertxundi(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 23:10:30 GMT
Hi Peter,

I assure you that I had that problem and I solved it with the posted
trick...I've tried with a lot of configurations, with different
berkeley db libraries version, with and without libxml2, trying to
imitate the same walkthrough I made when installing swish-e (./congure
-> make -> crash -> install libxml2 -> make -> crash -> make clean ->
configure -> make -> crash (db_create) -> install libdb4.5 -> ...)
etc....But nothing :\

But in this little research I've found some issues:
* Configure didn't break down if the machine didn't have libxml2, the
same happened with berkeley library crashing the compilation in
db_create function because -ldb was not linked.
* In my machine, (Ubuntu 8.04 on Parallels (x86) (OS X)), if libdb4.6/
libdb4.6-dev is installed the compilation crashes but this is solved
with libdb4.5.

I'll understand if you don't trust in my word, je...

I'm sorry, it was my fault.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Gorka Lertxundi Osa