Re: [swish-e] Using same Swish index file between platforms

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 14:59:50 GMT
Kuppuraj, Ravikiran wrote on 02/18/2009 08:51 AM:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Swish-e 2.4.4. The main goal is, I need to have a single
>> index file generated, but needs to be accessed from  swish-e binaries
>> built on
>> (1) Linux 32-bit machine
>> (2) Linux 64-bit machine
>> (3) Windows 32-bit machine.

mix-and-match between 32- and 64-bit architectures won't work, afaik.
You should be able to transfer between Linux and Windows ok as long as
they are both 32-bit.

You *might* be able to index on 64-bit system and search on 32-bit as
long as the 32-bit binary was built with large file support. But the
Windows build at swish-e.org is 32-bit iirc.

Also, I'd highly recommend version 2.4.5 (at least).