Re: [swish-e] Xapian Index And Swish API

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Fri Jan 30 2009 - 14:55:02 GMT
saravanan K wrote on 01/30/2009 03:32 AM:
> Hi Everybody,
> I'm using Xapian search engine in my application. Unfortunately highlighting
> is not available in Xapian.
> Thats why i came here to use SWISH:API.

Ah. I see now why you were asking about stemming. I think you are trying
to use SWISH::HiLiter. With Xapian, that won't work. Swish-e (version
2.x) and Xapian are two completely different projects with different
index formats, etc.

You want Search::Tools and Search::Xapian if you want to access Xapian
from Perl and do highlighting. There are examples mentioned in the
Xapian mail archive.

Swish3 (version 3 of Swish-e) uses a Xapian backend (among possible
others). There's an example here of using Search::Tools with Search::Xapian:

If you still want to do stemming, you'll need to consult the Xapian docs.

Peter Karman  .  peter(at)  .

Users mailing list