Re: [swish-e] Merging indexes, removing items from index

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 17:09:17 GMT
On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 09:08:50PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> Greg Saylor wrote on 12/18/08 8:03 PM:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a couple of questions about merging indexes.  Here is the output of
> > the merge on which these questions are based (Note: index.swish and
> > index_new.swish are exact copies of each other):
>
> [snip]
>
> > 1. Does it consider the "PreSortedIndex" setting in swish-e.conf?   I'm
> > kind of stumped based on some of the output that I'm seeing while doing a
> > merge "40 properties sorted", I only saw "One property sorted" when doing
> > the initial index. (Both indexes are using the same config file and I
> > tried adding the -c option to the merge, but the result was the same).
> >

> I'm stumped on this one too. Bill, any ideas?

Not sure, either.  Been five years since I looked at that code.  My
guess is that it will sort all the properties because 1) the set of
presorted indexes might not match between the source indexes, and/or
2) that a config file is not used during merge.  I'm also not that
sure what's the need for disabling presorted indexes other than to
save a little room in the index file.

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs