[swish-e] Adding an additional hyperlink

From: Richard Byrne MRCVS Partner <richard(at)not-real.westbarvets.co.uk>
Date: Sat Dec 13 2008 - 16:21:06 GMT
Dear Sir

We are using Swish-e Version 2.4.3 to index hundreds of PDFs documents on a
server. I would very much like to have an additional hyperlink or even html
form that is generated for each document and appears on the web page in the
search list when the search is run. The idea is that the user can simply
click this link to do something to the document rather than simply display
it  for example send it directly to a PDF printer

The sort of code generated may be a bit like this e.g.

Swish-E</a> or this NEW FEATURE <a hef=my-new-perl-program-which-will-send-
this-PDF-Straight-to-a-PDF-printer-without-displaying-it?
FileToPrint=myserver/mydir/myfile</a>Click here to print this document
silently</a>.

Is it possible to do this ?

With my smattering of perl/unix/html I can produce the code for the 'perl
print program' - I just need to know how to alter swish-e to insert a little
extra html populated with the data from its swish index.

Thank you for your help

Richard

Oxfordshire, UK