Re: [swish-e] Symbolic Link ????

From: Lee Anne Caputo <l.caputo(at)not-real.braysing.com>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 02:55:35 GMT
The documents do reside on a different server.  They are NFS mounted
as /u2/www/documents, which is this directory that I listed previously:

drwxrwxrwx 4 10002 10001 4096 2008-10-23 16:31 documents

The when I run my index, the index is looking at that directory because
it has updated successfully after I ran it.

I can search from the html page, it'll return docs by date, by filename,
by entering certain words, etc.  But when you click on the link to the
document,  I receive the following error:

The requested URL /documents/docs/cap1_docs/20080617/N00000023817258/N00000023817258_stmt.pdf was not found on this server.

I've read the documentation, and found where I need to create a symbolic
link to the documents.  The problem I'm having is knowing what am I
supposed to be linking to the documents. As I stated in my previous
post, I have swish installed at /u2/www, this is also where I can access
my remote mount (the documents) - /u2/www/documents.  What am I
missing?

Thank you much in advance,

Lee Anne

--
Lee Anne Caputo, Technical Support
Bray & Lunsford, PA

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail, and any attachments, are intended only for use by the
addressee and may contain legally privileged or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any
dissemination, distribution or copying of the e-mail, and any
attachments, is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify me by telephone and permanently delete the
original and any copy of the e-mail.