Re: [swish-e] Symbolic Link ????

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 02:08:07 GMT
Lee Anne Caputo wrote on 12/2/08 4:51 PM:
> I have Swish-e-2.4.5 installed on Fedora 9.  I have the .html page up, I
> can search, it returns the document list, but when I click the link I
> receive the following error:
>
> The requested
> URL /documents/docs/cap1_docs/20080617/N00000023817258/N00000023817258_stmt.pdf was not found on this server.
>
> I checked the Swish website and apparently I need to make a symbolic
> link to the documents.  I just don't know where to place the symbolic
> link (I'm very new at this).  The documents are located on another
> server in our office.  I am doing a remote mount to this server from the
> machine I have swish installed on.  The directory documents is where the
> documents are located that we need to search and access.
>
> This is my directory where swish is installed - /u2/www/ :
>
> [swish@swish www]$ ll
>
> total 928452
>
> drwxrwxr-x 2 swish swish 4096 2008-11-25 18:00 cgi-bin
>
> drwxrwxrwx 4 10002 10001 4096 2008-10-23 16:31 documents

You need to make the documents available on the FC9 web server. If the docs
reside on a different server, then a symbolic link is only half the solution;
the other half is mounting the remote volume on your web server. If your
document server is also FC9 (or another Unix variant, even Mac OS X), that
should be easy with NFS. If it Windows, possibly with Samba.