Re: [swish-e] Seeding a swish-e index

From: Sean <schliden(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 06 2008 - 01:34:30 GMT
> Swish won't follow that refresh, if that's what you had in mind.

No, thats not what I had in mind. The refresh just re-directs the user to the off-site resource from
the search results.

  >> Can anyone suggest how to ensure or improve the ranking of such a
>> file in the search engine results ?
>
> Swish-e's ranking is not very sophisticated.  Ranking is mostly based
> on number of words matched

So if I spam a page with lots of keywords it will help to improve the ranking ?

<!-- keyword keyword keyword keyword keyword keyword keyword keyword -->

and a little on where in the document the matches happens.

Where is most relevant ?

Will it help to add the keyword within a <h1>keyword</h1>, within meta ?

Is there a weighting for each of the different elements of a html page ?

Thanks

Sean