[swish-e] license terms

From: Rajesh Parekh <rajeshpparekh(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 05:49:42 GMT
Hello,

I dont completely understand the following statement regarding the license
terms and conditions to use Swish-e:

*As a special exception, the copyright holders of Swish-e give you
permission to link Swish-e with independent modules that communicate with
Swish-e solely through the libswish-e API interface, regardless of the
license terms of these independent modules, and to copy and distribute the
resulting combined work under terms of your choice, provided that
every copy of the combined work is accompanied by, or provides a URL link
to,
a complete copy of the source code of Swish-e
(the version of Swish-e used to produce the combined work),
being distributed under the terms of the GNU General
Public License plus this exception.  An independent module is a module
which is not derived from or based on Swish-e.*
* *
I want to use Swish-e library for a commercial product. Could somebody
please explain, in plain English, how could the product be distributed
independent of GPL?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rajesh.