Re: [swish-e] configure with zlib

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Sat Aug 23 2008 - 02:39:02 GMT
Geoffrey Petrie wrote on 8/22/08 4:48 PM:
> Peter Karman wrote:
>> On 08/20/2008 04:02 PM, Geoffrey Petrie wrote:
>>> Good afternoon,
>>> I'm having some issues trying to build Swish-e 2.4.5 on a RedHat 5
>>> server with zlib.  When I attempt to configure initially I am left
>>> without zlib support.  When I configure using:
>>> CCPFLAGS=-I/usr/lib/syslinux/com32/include/ ./configure
>>> I am able to get zlib support according to the config log but I am left
>>> with several errors while building and won't pass any tests through the
>>> make check process.
>> You might try building with this script:
>> It will try and guess the correct configure options. If nothing else, it might point you
>> at the right opts to set.
> Thanks, Peter.  I'm actually working off a server where I need to
> request the final make install of this.  The Sys Admin definitely won't
> go for running a perl script that give it enough permissions to do what
> it needs to do.

You could try installing it into a local dir to which you have write access
though, which might show you the correct configure opts. I do that all the time,
since I have several different versions installed on the same machine.

  % perl --install $HOME/swish

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list