Re: [swish-e] Maximum query length?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 19:31:21 GMT
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 03:03:48PM -0400, Ericson Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the maximum length of a query string that can be passed to swish?
> I'm calling it from the command line interface.

Of a word or a query?

$ fgrep MAXWORDLIMIT swish-e/src/*.h
swish-e/src/config.h:#define MAXWORDLIMIT 40

A word can be 40 bytes long, it seems.

I'm not sure there is a query limit.

> There is an intranet application that we developed some years ago, and it
> still runs nicely today. However the users are putting in query strings that
> are fairly long and complex, and some of those queries fail (syntactically,
> the queries seem to be correct).

queries fail?  Fail how?  Don't return results?  Or generate some kind
of error about it being too long?

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs