[swish-e] Swish-e RPMS and Swishetest on Fedora 8 and 9

From: Josh Rabinowitz <joshr-swishe(at)not-real.joshr.com>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 03:03:32 GMT
Hello, All:

I'm writing about two issues. One is purely related to building RPMs,
and the other also relates to Swishetest.

As some of you probably know, I've automated building swish-e rpms
from the daily sources-- currently, rpms for centos 4 and 5 are
built, both for swish-e 2.4 and 2.6, and for i386 and x86_64.
(Link: http://rpmbuild.joshr.com/swish-e-daily/ )
I've also automated testing the resulting swish-e binaries daily with
the Swishetest test suite I wrote. (Link:
http://rpmbuild.joshr.com/Swishetest-output/?C=M;O=D , source at
http://dev.swish-e.org/browser/Swishetest/trunk )

Recently, I've been looking into building rpms and testing on Fedora
9. I'm running into the following two problems.

The first problem is that rpmbuild & mock in Fedora 9 are apparently
stricter about installed files, and swish-e rpms fail to build with
the following errors:

  Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
/var/tmp/swish-e-root
  error:
  Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
    /usr/local/share/man/man3/SWISH::API.3pm
  RPM build errors:
     File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/swish-e-root/usr/share/man/man3/SWISH::API.3pm*
     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
    /usr/local/share/man/man3/SWISH::API.3pm

I'm not sure how to resolve this error. Perhaps Bill or David has some insight?

The second problem is that some of perl code included with Swish-e
requires HTML::FillInForm, but this module is not packaged into rpms
in the default f8 and f9 repositories. Perhaps the related perl code
can be modified not to require that particular perl module?

Interested to hear feedback,
  Josh Rabinowitz