Re: [swish-e] 2.4.5 > Warning: document '...' has no content

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 00:35:04 GMT
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 02:06:32PM -0400, Brad Bauer wrote:
> The server is using mod_gzip.  Wget has no problem decoding the content, nor
> any browsers I have used.  If there is a problem I am unaware of it.   The
> older version of the spider works fine, although perhaps it is not
> requesting gzipped content.

Just to be clear, if you modify spider.pl (the one that returns no
content) to call $response->content instead of
$response->decoded_content it works?

I'm be curious to do:

    my $decoded = $response->decoded_content;
    my $raw = $response->content;
    warn sprintf( "Decoded = %d and raw = %d\n",
        length( $decoded ), length( $raw ) );

If decoded is zero (or you get an undefined variable warning then I'd
dig deeper into why decoded_content is not working.

You can look at how LWP decodes the content:

    perldoc -m HTTP::Message

and look for "sub decoded_content"

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs