Re: [swish-e] Counts for property

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 17:11:26 GMT
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 06:32:03PM +0200, François Tissandier wrote:

> Yes I agree, it's very easy to pull those info from a db, but a db sucks
> when it comes to search! :) I don't display those info BEFORE searching,
> I display them for a specific search to help people refining. I'm sorry
> for not being clear enough. A database cannot do this, or with crap
> search possibilities.

I meant (in my broken Perl):

    @search_ids = $swish->search( $user_query );

    @top_categories = $db->top_categories( @search_ids );

Where you do a group by category and sort by counts and limit to, say,
the top ten.

Then you display the categories and results.  And you can build URLs
for refining the search by using the category.

Yes, it would be nice if swish could do all of that.

> Is it possible with swish to just output the properties of my choice?
> That would make this faster. Like for instance asking for "category" and
> "brand":
>
> mouse logitech
> mouse logitech
> mouse microsoft
> keyboard logitech
> keyboard microsoft
> keyboard logitech

Yes.  See docs on -p or -x in the SWISH-RUN man page.

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs