Re: [swish-e] Counts for property

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 16:16:45 GMT
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 05:20:32PM +0200, François Tissandier wrote:

> By category:
> 20 mouses
> 25 keyboards
> 12 speakers
> 5 microphones
>
> By price:
> 15 <10€
> 23 10€<<50€
> 24 50€<<200€
>
> Two filters, on two different properties: category, and price.
>
> When you have huge sets of results, it's really a very very important
> info to have. I saw it in several search engines, and it would really
> help me. But I guess I have to do the calculation manually from the
> complete results set unfortunately, right?

Yes.  But, your example above shows small numbers per category.  So
maybe you can just limit your search results and count them up --
might not be that slow.

Swish isn't a database, so you might also consider looking at your
results then using a database to pull in the categories like above.
A database is designed doing those kinds of queries.

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs