Re: [swish-e] Counts for property

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 15:08:33 GMT
On 07/02/2008 09:53 AM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> "Reply" is best reserved for replying.
>

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 10:58:08AM +0200, François Tissandier wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I would like to know the best to achieve this:
>>
>> -display the first x results of my search
>> -display also the number of results per property value for different
>> properties, to help the user to refine his search
>
> The term "property" in swish refers to data associated with a given
> indexed document, for example, its title, url, or filename.
>
> What does "results per property" mean?  For all your search results
> you want a summary of all the properties returned and their counts?

I think what the OP is after is what is currently called faceted search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faceted_classification

There is nothing in Swish-e to do that, nor is there any particular feature like that
intended right now for Swish3. However, Swish3 will likely make it easier to implement a
feature like that, since the API should allow for retrieving documents directly by
PropertyName (I think).