[swish-e] Counts for property

From: François Tissandier <francois.tissandier(at)not-real.tebu-bio.com>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 08:58:08 GMT
Hello

I would like to know the best to achieve this:

-display the first x results of my search
-display also the number of results per property value for different
properties, to help the user to refine his search

My problem is with the second part... Except running a complete search,
then work on the results to count the properties values, I don't know
how to do it. Running a complete search seems a bit unnecessary coz it
will return plenty of info I don't need at all: name of the result, url
of the result, etc...

Do I have any other choice to achieve this?

And is it a functionnality considered for swish 3? I'm sure it would be
much more efficient if it's done by swish internally than to process the
data after a full search.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

François Tissandier
IS Manager
tebu-bio
Tel: +33 1 30 46 39 23
Fax: +33 1 30 46 39 11
francois.tissandier@tebu-bio.com
www.tebu-bio.com: the smarter way to buy research products
P Think about the environment before printing this email / Pensez à
l'environnement avant d'imprimer cet e-mail