Re: [swish-e] Automatically ignore words smaller than MinWordLimit while searching?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Jun 06 2008 - 02:16:54 GMT
Clark Vent wrote on 6/5/08 4:21 PM:
> First of all, I'm using an older version of swish-e (2.4.3). I never bothered
> to update it to any newer version since it was working perfectly (or so I
> thought).
>
> I've set the minimum word length to index to 2 (MinWordLimit 2). This works
> fine since it indeed does not index one-letter words. But during searching,
> one-letter words are not automatically ignored. For instance, if I enter as
> search words "pro 4 life", it will not find any results because it will not
> find "4". Is there any way to automatically ignore words smaller than
> MinWordLimit and larger than MaxWordLimit?

This seems like a bug to me. I just checked in a fix to svn trunk, which you can
download and test and report back here. You can either check out of svn, or wait
till tomorrow and grab a daily snapshot. NOTE that it will require re-indexing,
since the index format changed between 2.4.3 and 2.5.6 (current trunk).

see http://dev.swish-e.org/changeset/2145