Re: [swish-e] spidering and incremental index

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 00:37:39 GMT
david webster wrote on 4/30/08 7:28 AM:
> Hello,
>
> Assuming that I am spidering a list of say xxx URLs and doing incremental
> indexing, do I need to take any special action after deleting one of the
> URLs from the .config file?

yes.

removing a URL from the config file simply tells swish-e not to index it in
future indexing runs. It does not remove the docs at that URL from the index.
That must be done explicitly using the defined APIs.

Also, is this for the 2.6 branch (unreleased but available in SVN) or the 2.4.x
release experimental incremental feature?