Re: [swish-e] Template-Toolkit and Windows XP

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 13:16:08 GMT
On 04/17/2008 01:53 AM, Susan Wilson wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use SWISH-E to index some webpages held on my pc (Windows
> XP).  I do not know Linux or Perl.
> This request is for help with a tool used with SWISH-E to format HTML
> pages for dynamic content.  Template-Toolkit.
> In your archives I found "Installing Swish-e, Apache and mod_perl for
> Windows 2000/XP" <> provided
> by Peter Morling.
> I have installed Perl at C:\Perl\
> I have installed SWISH-E at C:\SWISH-E\
> I would like to install Template-Toolkit as well.

Your request really has nothing to do with Swish-e. But I'll take a stab anyway.

Sounds like you are using Perl from ActiveState. I hear good things about Strawberry Perl
too, though I don't know if it would help you in this case.

I googled for 'activestate perl install template toolkit'. It took me here:

Those instructions are a little different than the ones you linked too; they look specific
to Windows though.

Peter Karman  .  peter(at)  .

Users mailing list