Re: [swish-e] Search-able Document Categories

From: david webster <dejaww(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 02:18:56 GMT
Hello, my first message here.

I've been using this solid Swish-e software for a number of years to do
website searches on 5 different websites, and now I want to build a small
niche search engine. But even in my site search applications, I can't figure
out how to add descriptions.

Then I saw this site http://billiardsearch.net/ and it seems to be pretty
much what I'm looking to do .. except I want to do a single travel
destination. And I prefer a configuration where I can limit the URL's
crawled to a predetermined list.

I actually wanted to try Swish++, but the inability to add descriptions made
it less attractive. I know that I will need a crawler of some type.

If someone can point me in the right direction(s) I would appreciate it.