[swish-e] Search-able Document Categories

From: Joe Casadonte <jcasadonte(at)>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 21:05:42 GMT

First day using Swish-e -- a very remarkable tool!

I have a set of documents that I'd like to index but also categorize
several different ways.

For example:

1) the documents pertain to a version of the product (e.g. v1, v2, v3)
2) the documents may be relevant to one or more aspects of the product
   (e.g. searching, algorithm, input)
3) the location of the document, which I want as an output field
   (e.g. context help, use case docs, white papers)

I would know the values for each of three categories for each document
as it's being indexed.  I just don't know how to tell the indexer
about them, or how to limit searches on them.

Thanks for your help!

Joe Casadonte

         Llama Fresh Farms =>
    Ramblings of a Gay Man =>