Re: [swish-e] Re: Proximity for Swish-e/SwishCtl

From: Herman Knoops <hk.sw(at)not-real.knoman.com>
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 08:41:45 GMT
Sean,

> Does the swishCTL proximity search have a default distance ?
> (e.g. bike near car) <-- what will be the default here ?
As far as I can recall, there is no default distance.
There is always a numerical sequence expected behind
the operator near (e.g. near5, near50, near1000).If you
leave off the numerical sequence, it could very well be
handled as a simple Boolean AND.

Just for your information, proximity is implemented in
the Swish-e search library, which is statically linked
into the SwishCtl.dll. SwishCtl itself is just a wrapper
for the Swish-e multithreaded search library, so SwishCtl
itself is not aware of proximity at all.

Herman Knoops
KnoMan bv
The Netherlands