Re: [swish-e] Re: Proximity for Swish-e/SwishCtl

From: Sean <schliden(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 00:18:58 GMT
Herman,
> For paging, we use the oSW.SeekResult and the
> oSW.NextResult. The oSW.SeekResult initialises the
> start position and subsequently call oSW.NextResult
> in a loop (pagesize times).

Yes, that is what I am doing. It strikes me that, this is inefficient,
as the entire search results need to be returned, while only 10 (page
size) results are displayed.

Each time the user hits the next page of results, the same search is
executed and the entire result set returned again, but only the next 10
results are displayed.

It would be nice if we could limit the result set to just the records we
want..

i.e on the command line we could do:  -b " & intStart & " -m " & intPage &

> AFAIK the search syntax for metanames does not differ between
> Swish-e and SwishCtl, so first experiment at the commandline
> version of swish-e.exe.

Yes, thanks, this works fine:  strSearchPhrase = strSearchPhrase & "
swishdocpath=(" & strSearchPath & ")"

Cheers

Sean