Re: [swish-e] swish-e - faceted browsing

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 18:59:33 GMT
On 03/03/2008 04:42 AM, Victor Babitchev wrote:

> then the user, by step-by-step selections, could
> better come to the results s/he wishes.
> Sure, a lot of you have seen already facets e.g.
> on Amazon pages where prices by ranges were presented.
> It would be interesting to know whether somebody
> thought about that in applying to swish-e?

Thanks for the question.

The core swish-e features are not really geared toward faceted search (or drill-down
searches, as I think about them). But applications using swish-e could implement that kind
of thing programmatically. I imagine aggregating results according to property values and
then offering the user the ability to select-by-property.

Peter Karman  .  peter(at)  .

Users mailing list