Re: [swish-e] How do I index via HTTP when authentication is

From: Adam Douglas <ADouglas(at)not-real.venmarces.com>
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 18:24:55 GMT
> What does the debug show when swish-e GETs the login page?

Well I have the following set in SwishSpiderConfig.pl, debug =>
DEBUG_URL | DEBUG_SKIPPED | DEBUG_HEADERS | DEBUG_ERRORS | DEBUG_INFO.
However it sure doesn't show me anything in regards to authentication at
the console. This is what I get, it appears I have a few other issues to
resolve but not sure how. Just so you know blowfish is my internal dev
web server. I just removed the reference to it in previous posts,
doesn't really matter so I'll just leave it in I guess.

/usr/local/lib/swish-e/spider.pl: Reading parameters from 'default'
RobotRules <http://blowfish.venmarces.com/robots.txt>: Unexpected line:
Sitemap: http://www.venmarces.com/sitemap.xml
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/education/hvac-dft-terms/:95: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Movement &

^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/education/hvac-dft-terms/:95: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
ioning &

^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/education/hvac-dft-terms/:95: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Ventilation, &

^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/education/hvac-dft-terms/:95: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Energy &

^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/education/hvac-dft-terms/:95: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Safety &

^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/education/hvac-dft-terms/:95: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Safety &

^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/news/announcements/159/:102: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';'
inally posted at <a
href="http://www.cap-e.com/spotlight/index.cfm?Page=1&NewsID

^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/findarep/dir/?nCompanyID=85:106: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
D & B Engineering of NJ Inc. (Head Office)
   ^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/findarep/dir/?nCompanyID=86:106: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Dan Rainville & Associates (Head Office)
               ^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/findarep/dir/?nCompanyID=129:106: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Gagnon & Associates (Head Office)                               </td>
        ^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/findarep/dir/?nCompanyID=101:106: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Kasmerchak Gonzalez & Associates (Head Office)
                     ^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/findarep/dir/?nCompanyID=1249:106: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Process Engineering & Equipment Co (Head Office)
                     ^
http://blowfish.venmarces.com/findarep/dir/?nCompanyID=199:106: error:
htmlParseEntityRef: no name
Rome, Eddleman & Associates (Head Office)

> Do you need cookies enabled?

Yes the session requires a cookie.

> Is the username szUsername (as used for the form POST), or is it szID
as in the swish-e GET below?

szUsername and szPassword is used via POST. I have setup separate
variables for use via GET, szID (username) and szPWD (password). I have
manually tested authentication via the URL query string using the szID
and szPWD and it works fine.

I have checked my access logs for the web server and Swish-e is
connecting and indexing. I then checked the error log for the web server
and found only one error. Not sure what is causing this on that line as
I've yet to figure out how to resolve this.

/usr/local/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/VenmarCESTemplate.pm line 188.

Best,
Adam

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.