Re: [swish-e] How do I index via HTTP when authentication is

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 15:06:05 GMT
On 02/07/2008 08:59 AM, Adam Douglas wrote:
> Okay I am going to try this but I'm sorry but I'm so confused now as to
> where to put this @servers example. Do I place it in the file
> or do I place it in a or what? I have already two
> configuration files. One for swish.cgi and one for the spider. I do my
> indexing like so at the shell prompt, "swish-e -S prog -c
> swish-e.public.conf". Also what is confusing me is the base_url is
> already set in the swish-e.public.conf? Do I just use that add the extra
> query strings on to it and then add a new line with use_cookies = 1 ?

there are a lot of config files. It is confusing.

Think of them as of two flavors: those that affect indexing and those that affect
searching. The swish.cgi config is for searching. The is for indexing
with The swish-e.public.conf is for indexing with swish-e. So put your stuff in the file.

Peter Karman  .  peter(at)  .

Users mailing list