Re: [swish-e] How do I index via HTTP when authentication is

From: Adam Douglas <ADouglas(at)not-real.venmarces.com>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 22:29:45 GMT
Ahh alright then thanks for clarifying that. I'll give the basic idea a
try first then instead of having to do it with WWW::Mechanize and
LWP::Agent.

Best,
Adam

>> At this point
>> I just need to know if all I do is load whichever the best module it
is
>> LWP::Agent or WWW:Mechanise and in theory this should work fine.
>>

>1. Do not confuse the use_cookies feature in spider.pl with LWP::Agent
or
>WWW:Mechanize. You likely don't need anything but spider.pl with the
appropriate
>config. When I talked about the other modules I wasn't aware of
use_cookies.

>2. WWW::Mechanize inherits (ISA) LWP::Agent. It's not an either/or.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.