Re: [swish-e] indexing with DirTree.pl - help needed

From: Matt Miller <matt(at)not-real.matthewmiller.net>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 16:13:35 GMT
On Dec 21, 2007 11:03 PM, Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:
\> > * I'd like the name of the file to show up in searches by "Title &
> > Body" in swish.cgi even if swish-e doesn't know how to filter the
> > contents, including text documents with no extension. This is not
> > happening. What can I do to make this happen?
>

> see http://swish-e.org/docs/swish-config.html#nocontents

I have NoContents set up but am getting errors still. Particularly
with .indd files and files with no extension.
For example: Failed to set content type for document
'/var/local/liver/Newsletter/fall 2006
newsletter/Finals/prometheus_newsletter_winter_2007.indd'

neuliver:/etc/swish-e# less swish-e.conf
IndexName "the Liver"
IndexDescription "The is an index of files on the Liver."
IndexAdmin root
IndexFile /etc/swish-e/index.liver
IndexDir DirTree.pl
SwishProgParameters /var/local/liver
Metanames swishtitle swishdocpath
StoreDescription TXT* 10000
StoreDescription HTML* <body> 1000
IndexContents TXT* .txt .log .txt .rtf
NoContents .png .gif .jpg .mp3 .iso .mov .indd .sxc .sxc1 .pictClippling
# remove doc-root path so links will work on the results page
ReplaceRules remove /var/local/

> > sub check_dir {
> >     my $dir = shift;
> >     return ! m[^\.]; # don't process .directories
>
> should be:
>
>       return $dir =~ m[^\.]; # don't process .directories

    return if $path =~ /\/\./;  # don't index .files

    return if $dir =~ /\/\./; # don't process .directories

are the two regexs that worked for me...

--
I have no problem not listening to The Temptations.
                                                    -Mitch Hedberg